Last week, we onboarded another group of traders to the DFE, meaning that we now have more than 1000 users on the mainnet! We’ve hit record weekend volumes, and we’ll be ramping up our new users over July in advance of the public launch. Plus, we have the first results from the participant of our brand new quiz announced on Friday! Read on for all the details.
First 1000 Users on the DFE
After onboarding another group of users to the DFE towards the end of last week, we now have a total of 1,070 traders live on mainnet! Weekend trading saw record 24-hour volume highs – 18.8 million contracts, with a notional value of over $145 million.
The phased onboarding throughout May and June has been slow and steady, but it’s given us the opportunity to test the platform and weed out some of the residual bugs that couldn’t be identified on the testnet version.
Now, we’re in a solid position to ramp up the onboarding throughout July, in advance of a full public launch. The developers have already confirmed that we’ll be onboarding at least another 1,000 users this week, meaning that the numbers are likely to continue increasing at a much faster rate from now on.
We’ve already started planning for a big launch day live trading event. We can’t give too much away, but we can promise it’s going to be huge!
Mainnet June Promo Now Complete
Throughout June, mainnet users have been automatically allocated with 1,000 DGTX tokens at onboarding. This promotion has now ended, and future newcomers will need to deposit DGTX into their accounts before they can start trading.
The exception is those who participated in the 2019 waitlist contest. During this week, we’ll be contacting those who are eligible to claim their prizes.
First Results from the Quiz!
On Friday, we announced the launch of a new, interactive quiz for visitors to our website. We issued a call for our community to kick off participation, and as always, Digitex’s loyal army of supporters didn’t disappoint! We’ve had just short of 600 participants, giving us some intriguing insights into the makeup of our community.
Here are ten highlights:
- 80% of you are either HODLers or active traders
- 69% of you are between 26 and 44 years old
- 50% of you are aiming to achieve financial freedom, but only 16% of you see yourselves becoming full-time traders
- 48% of you have been with Digitex since the ICO, while 1% (seven people) only discovered Digitex the day before!
- Over 80% of you take a fairly cautious approach to risk, opting for a “slow and steady” or “balanced” approach to trading and investing, and most of you are prepared to wait months or years for results, with only 8% of you expecting instant gains
- 82% of you are experienced in the crypto space. Startlingly, the Digitex community is home to no fewer than 32 Satoshi Nakamotos!
- Less than half of you are in crypto just for the money. 55% of you said you’re most excited about technology, community, or the privacy aspects of digital assets
- 55% of you prefer to travel in style, choosing a Lambo or jet, while 19% of you are happy to join Adam on his skateboard
- 9% of you are whales
- Chocolate ice-cream rules!
As promised, we’ve raffled 10,000 DGTX to be split equally between 10 winners. Winners have been notified by email and should ensure they have a Digitex testnet account to be eligible to receive their prizes. Thanks to everyone who’s participated so far – we’re really enjoying the chance to get to know you all that little bit better!